Thursday 16 June 2011

Quickie post: Best. Chicken. Sandwich. Ever.



Hi, howareya? Yeah, I know I haven't been around much lately. I have been thinking about you, though! And as my last post (way back when dinosaurs roamed the earth) featured roast chicken, I thought I'd offer my take on what to do with some of the leftovers.
First slice, shred or chop some leftover chicken into pleasing-sized chunks. Then add equal parts mayonnaise and natural yoghurt (say, a tablespoon of each for a couple of servings). Stir in a teaspoon of grainy mustard, the finely grated zest of half a lemon, a teaspoonful of chopped capers and a good grind of black pepper. I like to eat this on top of a thick slice of toasted granary bread, topped with some cress that BG thoughtfully grew for me.


And that's it. Can't pretend this is family food, as such, because this is something I make for lunch when there's nobody else around (can't you tell? There are actual ingredients touching each other, after all). I hope to be able to resume normal service, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment